- Founding Principles
- Concrete Actions
Boycott is a constructive critical reviews application, a True Democratic Agora. It was launched to encourage Social Responsibility, Social Action, Social Engagement, and Democratize the Internet. We aim to facilitate the discovery of better goods and services and make them accessible for everyone on a local and global scale.
In a nutshell, Boycott helps you criticize efficiently, put your thoughts into a plan of action, find like-minded people and achieve your shared goals.
Boycott app wants to create a favourable climate for positive change and creative energy.
Our platform is a free, neutral in essence, universal and inclusive application. It was designed to provide a voice for the people and make it heard in the right spheres of interest. Our central premise is we want to see a better, more democratic society that makes informed choices most of the time.
We want to radiate inspiration and offer a voice for people of all races, ages and social strata. We want to create a real and authentic revolution in people’s minds by spreading awareness about what is happening in our societies, by showing dedication to revolutionary movements, and by supporting social-empowering causes.
Boycott main goals are:
- To improve people’s lives (by enhancing products and services provided by different companies, encourage the development of sustainable policies, fair procedures as well as by improving their working conditions and their technologies).
- To provide social activists with a centralized way to initiate and control their campaigns, with an action plan that can result in goals, strategies, objectives, success, and desirable outcomes.
- To provide companies, organizations, entities with a centralized way to receive critical feedback (necessary to achieve our 1st goal), and to be in sync with their action plans.
- To introduce a new way of rating entities, companies, organizations and products, based on what the general public thinks it is best for society. This new “social” and holistic rating will reflect how much entities are taking into consideration public well-being when they do their business.
We, at Boycott, commit always to defend our users’ interests above anything else. Public well-being is our utmost goal; therefore, anything that jeopardizes it will be against our principles.
This set of Actions defines our behaviour concerning concrete situations.
User Privacy and Data
We committed to altogether avoid any form of advertising on our platform and to not sell or use our users’ personal data. We find ourselves frequently frustrated when social media networks use our data for their commercial purposes. We care about our users and their privacy; we also protect users’ safety and the safety of data at any costs
Moderation and Censorship
Boycott App will not tolerate any form of violence and pornography on the platform. We reserve the right to remove any content that instigates to violence, abuse, pornography, and represents a direct or indirect threat to someone’s wellbeing. Violators will be sanctioned with a loss of Reputation and a possible ban from our platform.
The rest of the content will be moderated directly by the Boycott user community. We believe that, in order to achieve the maximum level of freedom of expression, we cannot superimpose ourselves and check what every user publishes. For this reason, the community, using the Reputation system, will decide what is to be rewarded and what is to be ignored.
What will Boycott offer to its users?
- A discussion platform. Boycott is a place where everything can be debated as long as it is done respectfully. On Boycott everyone has the chance to express freely and new ideas, point of views and discussions are always welcome.
- An incubation platform. As in Boycott new ideas are welcome, all users are encouraged to express their opinion and to form groups with people having the same idea (incubation groups) or opposite ideas (debate groups). Groups are very important for us as they give the users a way to organize.
- An organization platform. Boycott is open and welcomes all existing real-world organizations. We want them to join Boycott, to expose their public agenda on the platform, to gather new followers or establish new alliances with other organizations, to set up action plans, phases, strategy and goals, to create events and measure success rate using sophisticated and useful metrics.
- A Social Action platform. Even though Boycott is a virtual space, its main goal is to have effect on the real-world. For this reason, we encourage our users to take Action and get heard in their everyday life. Let’s awaken our inner activist and fight for our principles.
Which fields are going to be considered?
Boycott Social Action Platform aims at giving voice to its users in any possible field that might lead to improve the life of the same users. For this reason, the following fields of action will be considered: